Price Extensions allow you to display your products & services along with their prices, as cards, below your Google Ads. This makes it easy for users to browse your products & services and directly click them to go to their specific pages from your Ads. Price extensions improve Ad quality and clickthrough rates. Here’s how to add price extensions in Google Adwords Ads.
What are Price Extensions in Google Adwords Ads
Price Extensions allow you to display products & services along with their prices, as cards, in your Google Adwords Ads. These items are displayed on both desktop as well as mobile Ads. Users can click these items to go directly to the landing pages of specific products and make a purchase. Price extensions are very useful for Ecommerce and service-based businesses to showcase their products, services, deals and offers. You can display up to 8 products/services in your price extension. Here’s an example of price extensions on mobile ads.
Bonus Read : How to Add Call Extensions in Google Ads
How to Add Price Extensions in Google Adwords Ads
Here are the steps to add Price Extensions in Google Adwords Ads. Please note, since Google frequently changes the user interface of Google Adwords, some of the following steps might be different for you. Nevertheless, the overall approach to add price extensions remains the same.
1. Select Your campaign or Ad group in your Google Adwords account.
2. Click Ads & Extension on left pane.
3. Click Extensions tab on right
Bonus Read : How to Add App Extensions in Google Ads
4. Click big blue ‘+‘ sign to create new extension.
5. Select Price Extensions in View Menu.
6. You will see a configuration form to setup your price extension.
7. In the above form, choose the Type, Currency and Qualifier to be displayed for price items. For example, if you choose currency as USD and “From” as qualifier then your price items appear as “From $XY” where XY is the price you set for the item.
Bonus Read : How to Add Structured Snippets in Google Ads
8. In the same form, scroll down to the Items section where you can add item header, description, price, units and URL where users should be directed when they click on each item, as you can see above. By default, you will see placeholders for 5 items. If you need to add more items, just click the +Add button after the 5th item. You can display a total of up to 8 items in a single Google Ad.
9. If you want price extension to be displayed only in Mobile devices, click the checkbox for Device preferences.
Bonus Read : How to Add Callout Extensions in Google Ads
10. If you want the Price extension to be displayed between specific dates, expand start/end scheduling tab and enter start & end dates & time when you want the Price extension to be shown. This is useful for a time-bound promotion.
11. Click Save to create price extension.
Hopefully, now you can easily add price extensions to Google Adwords Ads.