Google allows you to target Custom Intent Audiences via Google Ads, that is, people who are in-market researching or purchasing products & services similar to the ones your business has to offer. Here’s how to create custom intent audiences in Google Ads.
What are Custom Intent Audiences
Custom Intent Audiences is a Google Ad product that allows advertisers to target people currently researching specific topic, products & services online, via display Ads or YouTube video Ads.
It is a great way to target people based on their behavior instead of their attributes, and reach bottom-of-the-funnel audience.
Bonus Read : How to Create LookAlike Audiences in Google Ads
Benefits of Custom Intent Audiences
Here are the key benefits of custom intent audiences in Google Ads:
- You can actually target visitors to your competitor’s websites
- They reduce wastage in Ad Spend with better targeting.
- Lower cost-per-clicks
Bonus Read : How to Create Dynamic Search Ads
How to Create Custom Intent Audiences in Google Ads
Here are the steps to create custom intent audiences in Google Ads:
1. Log into Google Adwords. Click Tools and select Audience Manager
2. Select Custom Audiences and click on + button.
3. Select Custom Intent
Bonus Read : How to Create Remarketing List in Google Ads
4. Enter name for your Audience. Also enter in-market keywords from dropdown menu. Add related keywords and URLs about specific topics, that are related to your Ad. As you type keywords, you will start seeing suggestions. Select from the list of suggestions.
You can also choose to let Google auto generate your custom audience.
5. Click Create to create the custom intent audience.