Both Later and Buffer are two popular social media scheduling tool that offer plenty of useful features. Here’s a detailed comparison of Later vs Buffer to help you decide which is the right tool for your business.
Later vs Buffer : In-Depth Comparison
Here’s a step by step comparison of Later vs Buffer.
Later is a popular social media scheduling tool that allows you to monitor all your Instagram profiles, messages, conversations and marketing campaigns from one place, using unified realtime dashboards. It is suitable for small-medium businesses as well as large enterprises.
Buffer is a simple social media scheduling tool that allows you to easily publish your content across all your social media profiles at once, with just a few clicks. It also allows you to schedule automated social media posts. Buffer also provides hashtag suggestions and URL shortener. It is suitable for freelancers, bloggers, marketers, digital agencies, SMBs, startups and large enterprises.
Later focuses on Instagram marketing with features such as:
- Intuitive and Visual Instagram Post Scheduling
- Spend More Time on Growing Your Business Rather than Managing Instagram Posts
- Organizes Photos, Videos, and Contents in One Central Place
- Instagram Feed Preview and Drag-and-Drop Feed Designing
- Synchronizes Contents Across Multiple Devices and Systems
- User-Generated Content Advertising
- Add Labels to Contents and Easily Find Contents
- Gain Insights into Content Performance and Audience Engagement
- Turn Your Instagram Posts Into Sales
Here’s the detailed list of features offered by Later.
Buffer focuses more on social media scheduling with features such as:
- Informative social analytics
- Multiple posts and tweets
- Social profile sharing
- RSS feeds connectivity
- Multi-media format sharing
- Profile management
- Analytics and insights
- Agency/business planning
- Stats comparison
- Team collaboration (via administrator rights)
- iOS and Android support
- 2-step account login
- Customized scheduling
- Standard buffering
Here’s the detailed list of features offered by Buffer.
Setup and Ease of Use
Both Later and Buffer are standalone, cloud-based social media marketing tools that require no download, setup or installation. They are both easy to use and well-designed. There is not much difference between Later vs Buffer in this case.
Both Later and Buffer work well on all web browsers and mobile devices. They both also offer browser addons and mobile apps.
Later offers free trial, with paid plans starting from $9/month. Buffer offers a free plan, with premium plans starting from $10/month.
Both Later and Buffer support plenty of third-party integrations with popular business tools like Google Drive, Google Analytics, Dropbox, Slack, Zapier.
Conclusion – Later vs Buffer
Both Later and Buffer are powerful social media scheduling tools that offer many useful features. However, Later works only for Instagram while Buffer works with all social media platforms.