Both iContact and ActiveCampaign are feature-rich email marketing tools that offer plenty of similar features. Here’s a detailed comparison of iContact vs ActiveCampaign to help you decide which is the right tool for your business.
iContact vs ActiveCampaign
Here’s a step by step comparison of iContact vs ActiveCampaign.
iContact is a feature-rich email marketing tool that allows you to easily gather email addresses, build mailing lists, design stunning emails, automate email marketing, do A/B testing. It is suitable for small-medium businesses as well as large enterprises.
ActiveCampaign is also a powerful email marketing platform that allows you to design, create, launch, monitor, manage and optimize email marketing campaigns for your websites, blogs, apps, online stores. It is suitable for small-medium businesses as well as large enterprises.
iContact offers many useful features such as:
- Drag & Drop Editor
- A/B Split Test
- Audience Segmentation
- Performance Reporting
- Multi-User Accessibility
- Subscriber Management
- API Integration
- Salesforce Integration
- Pre-built design template library
- Responsive email layouts
- HTML editor option
- Instant SpamCheck
- Customizable merge fields
- Complete send time control
- Subscriber engagement score
- Segment by custom fields
- Custom sign-up form creation
- iContact Drag and Drop Template Email
- Drag & Drop Editor
- Contact Management
- Sign Up Forms
Here’s the detailed list of features offered by iContact.
ActiveCampaign also offers many useful features such as:
- Marketing automation
- Built-in integrations with over 200 external services
- Smart auto responders
- Drag and drop email designer
- Campaign, contact, as well as list reporting
- Track your contacts onsite and in your apps
- Track where your contacts live or travel
- SMS marketing
- Add live ecommerce data, videos to your emails
- Free phone, live chat, as well as email support
- CRM & Sales automation
- Send newsletters
- Find contacts based on age, gender, and location
- Automated series
- Advanced segmentation and targeting
- Dynamic (as well as conditional) email content
- Free email templates
- Social media monitoring as well as reaction automations
- Build custom forms for your landing pages
- Free one-on-one training
Here’s the detailed list of features offered by ActiveCampaign.
Setup and Ease of Use
Both iContact and ActiveCampaign are standalone, cloud-based email marketing tools that don’t require any setup, installation or downloads. You can simply sign up for and start using them immediately. There is not much difference between iContact vs ActiveCampaign in this case.
Both iContact and ActiveCampaign work well on all websites, blogs, online stores, blogging platforms, ecommerce platforms, content management platforms, web apps, and mobile apps.
iContact’s paid plans start from $14/month. ActiveCampaign’s paid plans start from $15/month.
Both iContact and ActiveCampaign support plenty of third-party integrations with popular tools like Google Analytics, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Zapier.
Conclusion – iContact vs ActiveCampaign
Both iContact and ActiveCampaign are mature products that offer plenty of useful features. They are both good at what they do. You can’t go wrong with either of them.