Custom Audiences in Adwords allow you to target specific audiences and improve your Ad spend ROI. Here’s how to create custom audiences in Adwords. Google Adwords provides various nifty options to create custom audiences for PPC ads.
How to Create Custom Audiences in Adwords
Here’s how to create custom audiences in Adwords for Remarketing Ads.
1. Go to Audience Manager
Log into Google Ads. Click Tools & Settings in Top Navbar. You’ll see a dropdown menu. Click Audience Manager.
Bonus Read : How to Setup Dynamic Remarketing Google Ads
2. Create Remarketing List
There are 2 types of custom audiences you can create in Adwords – for Remarketing and Non-Remarketing Ad campaigns. We will look at how to create custom Audiences for Remarketing campaigns. In Audience Manager, click + button under Remarketing tab
You’ll see a list of options to help you create remarketing audiences. Each of them provides a different step-by-step wizard to help you create custom audiences in Adwords
The most common marketing tactic is to select Website Visitors
Bonus Read : Top 5 PPC Copywriting Best Practices
3. Configure Audience Settings
You’ll see a page where you need to input/select specifications about your custom audience.
Adwords offers various options to select the type of visitors you want to target.
- Visitors of a page – Every visitor who visited the page you specify
- Visitors of a page who also visited another page – Every visitor who visited both pages you specify
- Visitors of a page who did not visit another page – Every visitor who visited the 1st page you specify but did not proceed to the 2nd page you mentioned. Great for tracking drop-offs.
- Visitors of a page during specific dates – Every visitor who visited the page you specify between the dates you specify. Good for time-bound campaigns.
- Visitors of a page with specific tags – Every visitor who visited the page where you have added conversion tracking tag.
Bonus Read : Adwords Optimization Checklist for PPC Marketing
Based on your custom audience specifications, Adwords can automatically create an audience with people who match the rules in past 30 days.
Number of days people should be part of your audience list
4. Create Audience
After you have input all your audience settings, click Create Audience to create the audience. You can use this remarketing list of custom audience in your Ad campaigns.
Hopefully, now you can create custom audiences in Adwords for your business and clients.