Both Coschedule and Asana are popular business tools used by many organizations around the world. They both provide plenty of useful features. However, they are meant for different purposes. If you don’t understand their key differences, you might end up picking the wrong tool for your business. Here’s a detailed comparison of Coschedule vs Asana to help you decide which is the right tool for you.
Coschedule vs Asana : In-Depth Comparison
Here’s a step by step comparison of Coschedule vs Asana.
Coschedule is a content marketing tool that allows you to easily organize, delegate, manage, execute and monitor content marketing tasks, projects and strategies with your team collaboratively. It is suitable for medium-large businesses as well as enterprises.
Asana is a general-purpose project and task management tool that allows you to create and manage any kind of tasks and projects for your business. It features tasks, subtasks, reminders, alerts, notifications, analytics, reports, timeline, gantt charts. It is suitable for small-medium businesses as well as large enterprises.
Coschedule focuses on content marketing with useful features such as:
- Marketing Projects Calendar
- Basic Social Publishing
- Sub-Calendar Views
- Calendar Sharing
- Tasks & Discussions
- Third-party integrations
- Marketing Campaigns
- Custom Project Types
- Enterprise Integrations Program
- Business Unit Calendaring
- Single Sign-On
- API & Custom Development Services
- Content Organizer Icon Content Organizer
- Headline Analyzer
- WordPress Integration
- Email Marketing Integrations
- Email Subject Line Tester
- HubSpot Integration
- Idea Board
- Custom Project Statuses
- Email Automation Integrations
- API & Custom Development Services
- Work Organizer Icon Work Organizer
- Task Templates
- Team Performance Report
- Team Management Dashboard
- Kanban Project Management Dashboard
- Advanced Workflows
- Advanced Security & Access Logs
- Advanced Team Permissions
- Social Organizer Icon Social Organizer
- Social Campaign Scheduling
- Social Campaign Templates
- Bulk Scheduling
- Social Analytics
- Scheduling and PDF Export.
- ReQueue Social Automation
- Social Conversation Inbox
- Advanced Profile Targeting
- Enhanced Monitoring & Real-Time
- Priority Social Sending
- Asset Organizer
- Icon Asset Organizer
- Asset Dashboard
- Supports All Digital File Types
- File & Folder Sharing
- Email & Live Chat
- Dedicated Account Management
- Customized Blueprint Process
- Monthly Implementation Check-Ins
- 24/7 Phone Support
- Weekly Implementation Check-Ins
Here’s the detailed list of features offered by Coschedule.
Asana focuses on general-purpose project management with features such as:
- Add assignees, attachments, and hearts to tasks
- Activity feed
- Automatic updates to email/inbox
- Email bridge
- Create custom calendars and views
- My Tasks list and Focus Mode
- Get notifications and reminders
- Track tasks and add followers
- iPhone support, HTML5 mobile site
- Project Sections and Search Views
- Multiple workspaces
- Real-time updates
- Set goals, priorities, and due dates
- See team members’ tasks and priorities
- Set project permissions
- Comment on tasks
- Project and task creation
- Task dependencies
- Kanban support
- Gantt Charts
Setup and Ease of Use
Both Coschedule and Asana are standalone, cloud-based marketing tools that require no download, setup or installation. They are both easy to use and well-designed. There is not much difference between Coschedule vs Asana in this case.
Both Coschedule and Asana work well on all web browsers and mobile devices. They both also offer browser addons and mobile apps.
Coschedule offers a free trial, with paid plans starting from $180/month. Asana offers a free plan for upto 15 users, with paid plans starting from $9.99/user/month.
Both Coschedule and Asana support plenty of third-party integrations with popular business tools like Google Analytics, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Zapier.
There are many alternatives to Coschedule such as Agorapulse, Sprout Social. Similarly, there are many alternatives to Asana such as Wrike, Zoho Project management.
Conclusion – Coschedule vs Asana
Both Coschedule and Asana are mature project management tools. If you are looking specifically to manage content marketing projects, go for Coschedule. Else go for Asana.