Location Extensions allow you to display business locations and even maps in your Google Ads. This makes it easy for nearby customers to locate your business online or via mobile. It also improves click-through rates and Ad quality. Location Extensions are very useful for retail stores and local businesses to attract customers. Here’s how to add location extensions in Google Ads.
What are Location Extensions in Google Adwords
Location extensions allow you to display the location of your store/shop/office in your Google Ad, along with other useful information such as phone number, business hours, and Google Ratings. They are very useful for local businesses who can target nearby customers. People can see that your business is near their current location and will be more likely to click your Ad.
Here’s an example of location extension in Google Ads
How to Add Location Extensions in Google Ads
Here are the steps to add location extensions in Google Ads. Please note, since Google frequently changes the user interface of Google Adwords, some of the following steps might be different for you. Nevertheless, the overall approach remains the same.
1. Log into Google Ads. Click Ads & Extensions
2. Click on + sign under Extensions tab
3. You’ll see a dropdown list of all available extensions. Click Location Extensions
4. You will need to select one or more locations to be added to your extension. You can do this by 1) selecting your existing Google My Business (GMB) account, or 2) by accessing a different Google My Business Account, by providing its account email address.
Choose an option and click Continue. Google will extract the locations added to your choice of Google My Business account, and display one of those locations in your Ads, depending on the location of user.
5. If your Google Ads and Google My Business Account have same email address, you can choose option 1
If your Google My Business account doesn’t have any location, then you will be asked add 1 or more locations to your Google My Business profile, via Adwords.
Click Finish when you are done.
6. Google will verify the phone number that you want to display in your location extension, if it has not been done already.
When you add location extensions to your Google Ads, it only improves the credibility of your business and drives more clicks.