Callout extensions allow you to showcase the key features & benefits of your business, in Google Ads. They increase your Google Ad quality and drive more clicks by improving their credibility. Here’s how to add callout extensions in Google Ads.
What are Callout extensions in Google Ads
Callout extensions allow you to mention 2-3 key features & benefits of your product/service in Google Ads, separated by dots(.) They make your Ads look more credible and compelling. These features & benefits are displayed as a separate line, below Ad description. Here’s an example of callout extension in Google Ad.
Bonus Read : How to Add Location Extensions in Google Ads
Benefits of Callout Extensions in Google Ads
Callout extensions have following benefits:
- They allow you to mention key features & benefits
- Improve business credibility
- Helps answer customer concerns upfront
- Makes Ad more compelling
- Improves Ad quality
- Drives more clicks
Bonus Read : How to Create Sitelink Extensions in Google Ads
When to use Callout Extensions in GoogleAds
Callout extensions should be used when your Ad is about a product/service. It can be used in 3 ways
- Highlight the key features & benefits of your product/service – such as Professional Reports, 4 million images, etc
- Answer key customer concerns – Free shipping, 2-day delivery, Easy returns, etc
- Showcase milestones – 5,000 customers, Over 40 years of experience, etc.
Bonus Read : Which Google Ad Extensions Can Serve Automatically
How to Add Callout Extensions in Google Ads
Here are the steps to add callout extensions in Google Ads. Please note, since Google frequently changes the user interface of Google Adwords, some of the following steps might be different for you. Nevertheless, the overall approach remains the same.
1. Go to Ad Extensions tab in your Google Adwords account.
2. Select Callout Extensions in View Menu.
Bonus Read : Google Ad Extensions List for PPC marketers
3. Click ‘+ Extension‘ button
4. Click New Callout Extension
5. You will see a form to configure callout extension
6. Enter Callout Text, that is, what you want to be displayed in the additional line of your Google Ad. E.g Free Shipping. If you want to display multiple features in it, just separate them with comma. E.g 2-day shipping, easy returns. They will be displayed in your Google Ad, separate by dots, instead of commas.
7. If you want callout extension to be displayed only in Mobile devices, click the checkbox for Device preferences.
8. If you want the callout extension to be displayed between specific dates, expand start/end scheduling tab and enter start & end dates & time when you want the callout to be shown. This is useful for a time-bound promotion.
9. Click Save to create your callout extension.
Hopefully, now you can easily add callout extensions in Google Ads.