It has become a real struggle to gain the attention of potential customers for businesses running online stores, as competitors are mushrooming online rapidly. They must come up with some great promotion strategies to drive traffic to their sites. Here are the five e-commerce strategies to promote online stores and get an edge over competitors.
Social Media Campaigns
Traditional marketing strategies are less effective when promoting online stores. Instead, you must leverage social media platforms to reach and engage your target customers, as most of them are active on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Through social media campaign, you can make them interested in your online store.
How to Create a Social Media Campaign:
- Set your campaign goals: Your goals can be: reach, views, brand awareness, and more.
- Research: What your competitors are doing, where your target customers hang out the most and what interests them, type of engagement, what kind of content gives the best result. If you comb through various social platforms, you will find answers to most of your questions.
- Create Content: Craft a message that convinces the audience that your product or service would resolve their pain points. It must be compelling and engaging, and not bland. Moreover, your content should match the platform where you are posting it.
- Schedule: Find out the time when your target audience is using your selected social media platforms. Moreover, you can take the help of social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer to optimize your posts.
- Track & Measure: Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Bitly, and Buffer can help you track and measure your social media campaign’s performance.
More and more Americans are listening to podcasts, and they trust the hosts of their favorite podcasts and see them as reliable. By running your ads on podcasts that your target consumers find trustworthy, you can increase the brand value of your online store. Before creating an ad, you must find the podcasts that appeal to your target customers and understand what interests them. Create an ad that not only catches their attention but also helps achieve your goals. You can create a 15-second pre-roll or the 60-second mid-roll.
Contextual Marketing uses behavioral targeting to serve relevant ads, enabling you to reach only those consumers who are probably interested in your products or services. This results in better click-through and conversion rate. You can use contextual marketing platforms such as Google Adsense or Media.net for your e-commerce promotion strategy.
Encourage your users to post their reviews on your site. User-generated reviews have proven to influence the purchase decision as they are “significantly” more trusted than reviews posted by the site. The reviews can also boost your SEO. When someone posts a review, your site gets fresh, original content. Moreover, they contain information that is useful and relevant to your target consumers. This results in better ranking in search engines for relevant keywords, which helps drive quality leads to your site.
With the help of Facebook ads, you can increase brand awareness, traffic, and conversions. They offer the benefit of direct targeting based on age, gender, location, and interest. Facebook ads have two components: format; which is what your ad looks like, and where it will be displayed, the placement. You can also monitor and measure your Ads’ performance through Facebook Analytics.
Coming up with an effective e-commerce promotion strategy is not easy. You must consider the type of your e-commerce business, budget, the target audience, and understand the different online platforms before creating a result-oriented, effective content, campaign or ad for your online store.